Spartan Support Network Referral Process
1. To make a referral to Spartan Support Network, you will need to use the Spartan Connect online system. If you have not received an invitation to activate your Spartan Connect account, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. To make a referral, go to https://sjsu.campus.eab.com. Sign in to Spartan Connect using your SJSU ID and password. When your home page loads, click on the Issue Alert link.
When the Issue Alert page loads, fill out the form:
4. Enter either the student’s name or ID number
5. Select a reason you would like to refer the student. Please choose the reason you feel is most important to the referral; you can put additional details in the comments to clarify if needed. Here are the available reasons:
Academic: Student may be performing poorly, missing a significant portion of class and/or has
had a change/decline in academic performance.
Basic Needs: Student has shared that there are significant challenges with housing, food, and/or financial needs.
Personal: Student has mentioned psychological, emotional/physical challenges that are impacting them and their well-being.
6. If this student is in one of your classes, you can choose the class from which you are referring.
7. Any additional comments are welcome so that we can better serve the student when we meet with them.
8. When you have filled out the form, click the blue Submit button in the lower right corner. You will see a confirmation that Spartan Connect has an Alert Issued.
9. The student will be assigned a contact who will reach out to the student and connect them with the appropriate resources. Once action has been taken with the student you will be notified; however, due to student privacy concerns, we will not be able to inform you about the action that has taken place or what was discussed with the student. You may ask the student directly if they are willing to share this information.