Spartan Connect Referral Process
1. To make a referral to Spartan Connect, go to https://sjsupeer.gradesfirst.com.
2. You should have previously received an e-mail from GradesFirst asking you to activate your account. Please enter the user name and password either given in that e-mail or that you have created. If you have not received an invitation to activate your GradesFirst account, please contact your GradesFirst administrator at firstname.lastname@example.org. In your e-mail, include whether you are a faculty, staff, student, or other community member. You will also need to include your SJSU ID.
3. Below is what your homepage may look like. If you are a faculty member, you will have classes and students listed. To make a referral, just click on the “Issue Alert” button.
When the Issue Alert page loads, fill out the form:
4. Enter either the student’s name or ID number
5. Select a reason you would like to refer the student. If more than one reason applies, you may go back and select another reason from the drop down menu.
6. If this student is in one of your classes, you can choose the class from which you are referring.
7. Any additional comments are welcome so that we can better serve the student when we meet with him/her.
8. When you have filled out the form, click the blue Submit button in the lower right corner. You will see a confirmation that GradesFirst has an Alert Issued.
9. A professional staff member from Peer Connections will reach out to the student
and connect them with the appropriate resources. Once contact has been made you will
be notified; however, due to student privacy concerns, we will not be able to inform
you about the action that has taken place or what was discussed with the student.
You may ask the student directly if s/he is willing to share this information.
If you have any challenges with entering information or need to talk to someone about the Spartan Connect program, please contact Jahmal Williams at email@example.com or 408-924-2514.