All students using Peer Connections' services are expected to follow these policies and guidelines. By scheduling an appointment, you agree to these policies.
- I will arrive to my Peer Connections session on time.
- Due to demand, appointments can fill quickly. If I will be late or need to cancel, I agree to cancel online or via phone [(408)-924-2587] as soon as possible, or at least 24 hours prior to my appointment, so someone else may use the appointment time.
- I understand that if have 3 "no shows" (not showing up to the session, showing up more than 5 minutes late, or cancelling less than 24 hours before my appointment) or frequent cancellations, a temporary hold will be placed on making new appointments until I speak with a professional staff member.
- During sessions, my cell phone will be turned off.
- Food and drink are allowed in the Learning Commons. Food must be snacks or individually wrapped items; drinks must be in securely covered containers.
- When I use the Learning Commons or computers, I will swipe in when I arrive and swipe
out when I leave.
For Tutoring Sessions:
7. I will be prepared for my tutoring session by attending class and taking notes
to the best of my ability. I will bring questions for my tutor, along with my course
syllabus and other materials like my class notes, readings, and assignments.
8. I understand that my tutor will not do my work for me (e.g. check every problem in my homework or edit my papers). My tutor’s goal is to help me become an independent student.
9. I know that tutoring is not a substitute for attending class or visiting my professor’s office hours.
10. I understand that I may schedule a maximum of 2 appointments per week in a single subject (e.g. undergraduate student writing, Math 31).
11. I know I may only schedule 1 tutoring session per subject each day. I can have up to 2 appointments in a single day if the appointments are for different subjects. In that case, I will give myself a minimum of a 30 minute break between appointments.
For Mentoring Sessions
My peer mentor is my guide to the SJSU experience. I understand that a peer mentor is not responsible for professional counseling or GE/major advising.
I understand that while my peer mentor will offer appropriate guidance and referrals, it is my responsibility to take action.
I understand that peer mentors do not provide tutoring services in course content.